With this guide, by now you would have discovered what each button on your remote does and
how to program directv remote.
Find out how to program your remote to tv
and devices here and get going. Most importantly, the amazing Genie Remote doesn’t just turn
your TV and DIRECTV receiver on and off, change channels, and adjust the volume. Genie delivers
a variety of features to simplify and improve the way you watch Television, such as Television
show record, 500 hours Of SD content for storage and a wireless link to up to 8 televisions to one
device. Program DirecTV remote now and get going smartly and conveniently.
How to Program a Directv
https://youtu.be/kC4wVvd7p6oDepending upon how long you’ve been a customer and what equipment you’ve, you probably have one of two DIRECTV remotes: some conventional remote control or the DIRECTV Genie distant. Whether you have a DIRECTV Ready Television, that ‘another pairing process which we spelled out below, too. We’ll start with the universal remote.
The way to Program a DIRECTV Universal Remote
You are able to program a DIRECTV universal remote control with a DVR, Blu-ray player, or other device using either on-screen pairing or guide pairing.
Program a Universal Remote with On-Screen Pairing
- Abide by these steps for on-screen pairing:
1. Press the Menu button on your remote.
2. Select Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions that walk you throughout the rest of the process.
Program a Universal Remote Manually
To manually set your remote, stick by these steps!
1. Switch on your Television and receiver.
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your Television brand using rsquo & DIRECTV’s web site.
3. ensure that the Mode switch on your remote is set to Television.
4. Hold and press the Mute and choose buttons till the remote’s green flashes two times.
5. Input the 5-digit remote-control code in step two.
6. Test the connection by pointing the remote at the Television and pressing the Volume Up button. In case the volume goes up, proceed to the next step. If absolutely nothing happens, repeat steps, 3, and 4 with a code. There could be several possible codes, dependant upon your TV’s model number.
7. Press and hold the Mute and choose buttons till the green light on the distant flashes twice.
8. Input code 960 on the remote keypad. The green light should flash again.
9. Set the Mode button to the DIRECTV position.
10. Your remote should be paired and ready to go.
How to Program a DIRECTV Genie Remote
If you have a Genie remote, there are both automatic and manual pairing processes—plus a third option for DIRECTV Ready TVs. We’ll start with the automatic pairing process.
Program a Genie Remote with Automatic Pairing
- Point the Genie remote at your Genie cable box, then press and hold the Mute and Enter buttons until the remote’s green light blinks twice. The TV will display the “Applying IR/RF Setup” message once completed.
- Power on the device you’re pairing with your remote.
- Press Menu on the remote.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Choose the device you want to pair, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Program a Genie Remote Manually
If the automatic pairing process fails, follow these instructions to manually pair your remote.
- Point the Genie remote at your Genie cable box, then press and hold the Mute and Select buttons until the green light on the remote blinks twice.
- Enter the code 961on the remote keypad.
- Press the Channel Up
- Press Enter.
- The TV will display “Your remote is now set up for RF.” Select OK.
- Turn the on the device you want to pair.
- On the remote, press Menu.
- Select Settings & Help> Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Select the device you want to pair, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You’re all set to control your devices and enjoy DIRECTV programming.
Program a Genie Remote with a DIRECTV Ready TV
When included as part of a DIRECTV setup with a Genie DVR, a DIRECTV Ready TV lets you watch DIRECTV without an additional receiver. That means you don’t need to buy separate Genie Minis for each room you want to watch DIRECTV in. Instead, DIRECTV Ready TVs have wireless receivers built into the TVs themselves.
DIRECTV Ready TV functions basically the way a Roku TV does, except it’s specific to DIRECTV service and at least one TV in the house needs to be connected to the Genie for all of them to work.
So, if your satellite TV setup includes a DIRECTV Ready TV, use these steps to easily pair your Genie remote with it:
- Point the remote at your Genie DVR, then press and hold the Mute and Enter buttons until the green light on the remote blinks twice.
- The TV screen will display the message “Applying IR/RF Setup.”
- Power on your DIRECTV Ready TV.
- Press and hold the Mute and Select buttons on your remote until the green light blinks twice again.
- Enter the manufacturer’s code for your DIRECTV Ready TV.
- Samsung: 54000
- Sony: 54001
- Toshiba: 54002
- For other manufacturers, use the DIRECTV website lookup.
- Your remote should now be paired and ready to go!
How to Program Your Directv Remote: DIRECTV offers satellite Television service during all 50 states with cheapest landline services. Customers can choose from a wide range of Television package options and enjoy Hi-def and 4K channels, On-demand programming, hi-technology Hi-def DVR equipment and much more. Find out more about DIRECTV packs and special Television offers are available in your area. Likewise, they have their automatic and manual Direct Tv remotes both. More interestingly, their guide helps you to know easy steps to use it conveniently. Give us a call today for details, pricing and also to set up Directv remote. DIRECTV lets you increase your satellite TV station lineup with a lot of the entertainment you want. Add more sports, business, videos, international and Spanish programming with program DirecTV remote add-on packages.